Thursday 19 March 2015

REVIEW: My water bottle!


Spot the water bottle and then spot us!
I know it is only a water bottle, BUT for those that have known me for a while would know I ALWAYS have a water bottle with me. My water bottle often gets referred to as the ‘stupid’ water bottle as it always turns up in photos. Sorry. J
From hardly ever drinking water a few years ago I started drinking water and always carry a water bottle with me.
On my recent trip to South African I lost one of my 2 water bottles and the 2nd one got destroyed by my mom’s beloved/spoiled bull mastiff.
So I’ve been without my famous waterbottle for a while. My sister did give me a water bottle with a screw top for Christmas, but I find it hard work to screw off, sip, screw back on.
In February I received a voucher from Sweatshop and they had running water bottles on sale and as we were about to run Bath Half Marathon I thought it would be great to purchase one of those for myself and 3 friends. Oh well what a disappointment. The water hardly comes out as the nozzle slips back before you can take a decent sip. Seriously what a waste of money.
On Saturday I went out for a ride with a women’s only bike shop in Surbiton, Bella Velo 

They are a dedicated women’s only bike shop. Anybody is welcome to pop in, all of their stock is smart, well presented and you literally just want to get your credit card out and buy new kit. They stock women’s specific Specialized Bikes and also have Liv Giant bikes in store. Liv is the women’s specific brand of Giant. Men if you would like to get your girlfriend or wife into cycling this is the shop to go to. They will understand her needs better than you do. Ultimately that will be to your benefit as we as women have different needs. For instance we need to be comfortable on our saddles and we also like to feel pretty even if we don’t look pretty.
Back to the water bottle. I was using Julie’s bottle on the ride and it was hard to get it in & out of the bottle cage whilst we were riding as it was a tall bottle so I decided to buy one of the Bella Velo bottles they had on offer. 
I am delighted with this water bottle. It is not just ANY waterbottle. They are made by Purist and the nozzle design is as if it is inside out in comparison with the old water bottle designs and it has a valve on the inside. If you squirt the bottle a stream of joyous water pours into your mouth and your thirst is instantly quenched, unlike other water bottles where you have to suck on the nozzle till your cheeks go blue or those that when you open & close them catch your lip which could be rather painful. This bottle is exactly what I would expect from a water bottle! Thank you for the treat Bella Velo! I am happy to fly the flag Belinda! ;-)
Sign up for the Bella Velo newsletter to find out more about their events and shop rides.


No comments:

Post a Comment